Today our Year 11 Food students prepared a 3 course meal in exam conditions. They have been working on this for months and we are delighted that they showed commitment and enthusiasm to show how much they have learned in this time.
Mrs Brunt writes:
What a positive experience the practical exam has been. The food room was a pocketful of energy in the school today!We have had lots of visitors- Mr Thornhill, Mrs Richtoff and Mrs Baran to name a few who have been bowled over by the skills shown and the amazing dishes produced today. The students have worked so hard and with positivity and enthusiasm. Joshua F said his feet were on fire at the end and Alicia W was wearing sparkling sliders for comfort!The results you may agree are of a really high standard and there was a real sense of achievement and satisfaction.They were a real credit to the school. A special thanks to Mrs Rhodes who has as aver gone above and beyond.
Mrs King, director of learning for Technologies agrees:
I was blown away by the quality of the food that the year 11s produced in their practical exam today!
Thank you and well done to everyone involved.
All information regarding the school closure is now located on a dedicated COVID-19 Page.
All trips abroad should be considered cancelled until further notice.
This effects the Belgium trip perticularly, the France trip later in the year may go ahead, please check back closer to the time.
Trips within the UK are still going ahead at this time, please stay tuned for updates.
For more information please contact Mandy Shaw
- All assemblies will be cancelled for the foreseeable future in order to reduce close contact.
- All pupil toilets will be open throughout the day.
- In order to enable students to spread out more effectively they can temporarily eat outside during break and lunch – hot food and packed lunches (normal out of bounds areas still apply). For those pupils who choose to eat inside they should go outside as soon as they have finished eating.
- Reminders to children about using tissues, touching faces, 20 sec handwashing etc.
- Staff teaching year 7 P4 must dismiss at 1:10pm and accompany pupils to dining hall.
- Door handles around the school are being wiped throughout the day.
- There will be no interventions or homework club after school
All extra-curricular sporting activities and fixtures have been postponed until further notice.
This applies to activites during lunchtimes and after school, PE lessons will continue as normal, fixtures will be re-arranged where possible.
Students should make their way home after school and not stay for any practice or fixture.
The latest Government guidance for education settings regarding COVID-19 – 10th March 2020
Please see the attached letter regarding the latest guidance about the Coronavirus.